Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant i activate my auto-cad 2008

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4205 Views, 13 Replies

why cant i activate my auto-cad 2008

hello i have been using auto-cad 2008 for 12 years and have no reason to change or update my software. My hard drive failed and i installed my 2008 version on a new hard drive in the same computer. I need help activating my software that i own. thank you 

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

I understand that you are using a unsupported version of Autodesk software. 

Autodesk does not offer product activation or installation support for products that are not on the eligible previous version list for subscriptions and maintenance plans. Users should store activation information if they need access to it in the future. Unsupported versions, can no longer receive a new activation code to reactivate that version for any device.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 14
pendean

Autodesk ended automatic reauthorizing of 2010 and older software as of August 31 2019, read all about it here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-ver... Sorry, you missed the deadline.

If you find Autodesk software subscriptions too expensive, there are many other CAD packages out there with no subscription options (initial cost may still be comparably high) that you can go get and use.

HTH

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

It sounds like you, the manufacturer of this product lied to me the
consumer when i bought the product. I was sold a software with the
guarantee that I own the licence and could use the product for life or
until I chose to upgrade.
I will not be talked into paying a subscription fee to use a product that i
have already bought and own. I have heard it can cost as much as 1000.00
per user per year. We are a small company and have one designer. I guess we
will need to find another product to use.
Message 5 of 14
Ognyan

Let me try.And I will start first with that YOU have done NOTHING wrong and are in full right to demand.

The first and preferable way of doing things is:

Install the software in offline mode and you will be presented with a code.Send this code to autodesk and they will generate for you a activation response code.DONE!

If they deny you that activation code, for a product you have payed and owned for years, there are many threads and documents by users in this section of the forum that clearly show that by the European Directive of the law, you are permitted to crack open your software if the company doesn't want to provide the minimum support(always when the software was purchases and original obviously). Autodesk pulled a unilateral decision which was COMPLETELY illegal to the customer,so the law protects your consumer rights.

The rest is up to you.Good luck mate.

Message 6 of 14
RobDraw
in reply to: Ognyan

Have you successfully activated the program with the method you say will work? 

If it does actually work, why do you even include the rest of the stuff?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 14
Ognyan
in reply to: RobDraw

In my case, I don't need to because my software is installed and working correctly.But that is one of the responsible ways of doing it.Autodesk still generate response codes if you desire one.(depending on the person in front of you).

I include the rest, because I am helping a fellow user to know his rights and that there are more than one ways of doing this if he or she(are met with the wrong person in front of them)in therms of the minimal support>activation for the product they payed for.

I have said it many times, and below posts of actual Autodesk employees, and they cant say anything about it because they know what the real situation (unilateral decision) is without escalating as it is not needed anymore.AD employees are normal users like me and you and know what is right and wrong, but are instructed to say what they must,even if they don't like it.Millions of perpetual users know their rights, and if they don't, they come here with topics as this one. And I give my thanks to AD for creating this part of the forums.

I consider this topic to be finished.

Message 8 of 14
RobDraw

So, the most important part of your post which is giving instructions on how to solve the issue is untested and based on speculation. You do realize that the user is looking for a solution, not legal advice, right?

Rob

Message 9 of 14
Ognyan

Rob...ahh.I will do this to help the user and not for you.

It is not speculation, (and im wondering how you have never seen this before) .

When you install your perpetual software you have the option to install online and in offline mode.When done in offline you will be presented with a code and a message that you have to send to autodesk in order to get a generated key based on that code.I suspect software from 2008 do have that option too.I have seen it before and i even have this on my 2019 perpetual software if i remember correctly.Cant remember the message, but the info and instructions are there when installing

There is a button during installation called:

''Request an activation code using an offline method''

Message 10 of 14
RobDraw

I've seen it posted several times in this forum but no one has marked it as a solution or even thanked someone for posting it. I am questioning it's validity.

@Ognyan wrote:

Rob...ahh.I will do this to help the user and not for you.

It is not speculation, (and im wondering how you have never seen this before) .

When you install your perpetual software you have the option to install online and in offline mode.When done in offline you will be presented with a code and a message that you have to send to autodesk in order to get a generated key based on that code.I suspect software from 2008 do have that option too.I have seen it before and i even have this on my 2019 perpetual software if i remember correctly.Cant remember the message, but the info and instructions are there when installing

There is a button during installation called:

''Request an activation code using an offline method''

Why the animosity towards me?

So, you can't say that it works. You're other post kind of implied that it doesn't work so I guess that you already know that since you posted that other stuff about what to do when it doesn't work. 

Thanks for verifying that you don't actually know that it works. You may stop responding to me, now.

Rob

Message 11 of 14
Ognyan

I think, you are hearing what you want to hear.You are free to have the last word. I provided a solution that works.Two to be exact.AD would have not placed that option in the installation process, if it didn't worked.It is there for a reason and a user has to try.The part that may or may not work is the human interaction one.Not software related, if this helps it sound more correct.

Have to work tomorrow, so I don't plan on losing more time on this.Brock, good luck and I hope all works out well for you in the end.

Message 12 of 14
RobDraw

By your own admition, you have not seen it work. I've not seen anyone verify that it does work, in fact I've seen posts saying that they never got a response using this method. So, it's not a matter of hearing what I want to hear. It's a matter of not hearing a verification that it does work. If it did, many people would be saying that it does, not just you.

Get it?

Rob

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you so much I have gotten no ware after hours of research and
speaking to autodesk.
Message 14 of 14
RobDraw

Are you verifying that his solution worked and 2008 is up and running?

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report