Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing my access to my licensed versions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
436 Views, 6 Replies

Loosing my access to my licensed versions?

I have two licences for AutocadLT one for 2012 and one for 2016. These are full perenial licences and although I am now retired I still use one or other from time to time.

I am replacing my pc and so need to transfer both licences and software onto the new pc. In my account, since it is sometime since i used it, no software is shown. I am hoping i can transfer my licenses using the LTU but I have no disks and so need to download the programs but can't find any links. What can I do? If I could salvage 2016 it would suffice but having paid several £,000  for the licenses i don't see why I should just loose them.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, if you had the install media, it would just be a chore of installing on the new PC, and activating online. Very easy. But if you do not have the install media, that may be hard to obtain. Contact Autodesk directly and ask nicely, you never know you may get someone willing to assist you with a download URL.

Also, read this. You won't be able to activate those versions sometime next year.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

In the later versions there was a tendency for Autodesk to be reluctant to send out disks so I have no "hard copy". Interesting "read" you posted. I am retired and don't want later versions, just the ones I paid for!

Message 4 of 7
pendean

>>>...I am replacing my pc and so need to transfer both licences and software onto the new pc ...<<<
I would not do that: since you are retired, leave that old PC as your own "cad" PC, and use the new one for whatever you want instead.
OR
Whip out a credit card and visit sites like eBay or others and see if anyone is selling disks or downloads to the old software: Autodesk has assumed for a decade or more now that you alone are responsible for your own media and downloads, they no longer want to be your go-to archive warehouse for old software you lost.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

@killshillweb wrote:
the ones I paid for

@pendean wrote:
for old software you lost

Yeah, I've never understood this. If this were a stack of $100 bills, it might be put in a safe or safe deposit box, but I see a lot of people here who don't treat software in the same way as other assets.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Autodesk encouraged subscribers not to apply for disks but to reply on everything being available on their portal. New versions were downloaded each year, not sent out in the post. Inprevious years where I have upgraded or moved pc there was always a link available and I could use LTU to retain the serial numbers. That's not a lot of good if I can't download the program!

Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain

The type of media is not the question. Customers were either provided hard copy media or a download link. There is no guarantee we will have access to either one of those "when we need it". So once we get it, it's a good idea to store it like we would anything else of that value.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report