Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Autocad lt 2009 obsolete?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
4bsearles
411 Views, 5 Replies

Is Autocad lt 2009 obsolete?

I purched Autocad lt 2009 years ago, but never installed and learned to use it. Retired now, I thought it might be useful to design my home addition.  Is it obsolete? Should this old dog just lick his wounds and learn a NEWER trick?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: 4bsearles

Unfortunately yes, any AutoCAD software from 2010 and older can no longer be activated. So you will need to look at using a new version.

Message 3 of 6
4bsearles
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks! I loaded it yesterday and it seems to be fine, however I have not
registered it. that may be where it fails.
If it runs properly, is it functionally obsolete? If so, what would you
suggest upgrading to?
Message 4 of 6
steven-g

It may run but has reached end of life Autodesk will no longer activate software of that age, plus it was never designed to work with the newer OS versions, so if it does run then it is luck which may run out with every system update (and frequently does for users. You only option now is the new subscription method of running AutoCAD software which you can look at here https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/autocad-subscription-faq#:~:text=The%20price%20of%20a%20monthly,f...

Message 5 of 6
4bsearles
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks Steve,

I was hopeful, but if I'm due to find issues mid project, I will sharpen pencil and do my homework.  I will look for something more focused on my needs with a shorter learning curve.  Have you any software suggestions for some planning to GC his own home addition?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Try a few of the "home" CAD programs out there https://www.google.com/search?q=home+design+cad+program

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report