Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 reinstall, am I screwed?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
1534 Views, 22 Replies

Inventor 2010 reinstall, am I screwed?

Work computer got wiped after a ransom ware attack. I can't get Inventor 2010 to work

It looks like Autodesk just decided to invalidate my software. Am I screwed? I am having a hard time understanding how this is even legal. I get it that they want to force everyone onto the subscription service, but this strikes me as over the top strong arm tactics. My department has moved away from Autodesk anyways, but it would be nice to be able to work with the old files natively.

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

no kidding installation is going to trigger a re-authorization. I wasn't bitching that I lost my key or whatever and they wouldn't send me another one for free. I am bitching that they invalidated my license. Re-authorization events are going to happen eventually for a variety of reasons. Heck, I've been in computers long enough to remember back when people would wipe and reinstall everything on their computers on an annual basis, just to keep things running acceptably. That is why I am peeved that that a very foreseeable occurrence (re-installation for whatever reason) invalidated my purchased software license. 

Message 22 of 23
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 23 of 23
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>...they invalidated my license...<<<
Sadly that ship has sailed today.

>>>...That is why I am peeved...<<<
That is what this forum is for, you vent, nothing changes, you buckle and subscribe or move on to some other software offering that will promise never to do what Autodesk did until they change their mind as well. Autodesk's current CEO said as much out loud in public a couple of years ago (source: https://twitter.com/upFronteZine/status/930590879412310017 )

Ransomware is terrible like a house fire: you lose so much it is exceptionally horrible. I would never wish it on my worst enemy.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report