Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Autocad LT 2014 on another pc in 2020

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
990 Views, 8 Replies

Installing Autocad LT 2014 on another pc in 2020

I am upgrading a computer at my company and the user's old computer has a copy of AutoCAD LT 2014. I have the license number and information and I'm trying to figure out how to get the program on the new computer. The user is the only user so buying another updated license is unnecessary and out of the budget. I believe the previous version was installed via a CD or usb drive or something but that is nowhere to be found. Is there anyway I can get it on the new computer? I have tried creating an autodesk account and syncing that with Autocad LT 2014 but it won't open autodesk 360. Any help is appreciated. 

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Step I - You will need some sort of install media, and you will not find the download from Autodesk. 

Step II - if you find the install media, do you have a valid serial number? 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

You can attempt to install a legacy version on a newer operating system. I would like to make you aware that it very likely will present the user with performance issues, please review the system requirements for the application before attempting this. 

You can use the stored activation information you have to activate. If you need an activation code it is still available for stand-alone perpetual licenses, please request one >activation code<.

Please keep in mind due to our Product Lifecycle, Autodesk does not offer product activation or installation support for products that are not on the eligible previous version list for subscriptions and maintenance plans

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l wrote:

You can attempt to install an legacy version on a newer operating system. I would like to make you aware that it very likely will present the user with performance issues, please review the system requirements for the application. 

We still run Civil 3D 2014 on Windows 10, with no issues. I think @Anonymous main issue is going to be acquiring the install media/download.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I do have a valid serial number, but the installation media is missing. Am I out of luck?

Message 6 of 9
cadffm

You are registerd a the "owner" of a 2014Lt licence?

Then login with this account < https://manage.autodesk.com/cep > and download LT2014 via "Browser Method"(best choice)

Sebastian

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm sorry, what I meant was I have the actual serial number and license id, product key, etc. It is not linked to this account in any way, I just created this account to post on the forums. The license was bought many years ago. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Contact Autodesk support to check your serial number, the license could have since been traded in for subscription.

If it is a perpetual license and Autodesk is feeling generous, they will generate a download link for you. Good luck!

Message 9 of 9
pendean

You can open a ticket with Licensing support and confirm your options here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support/installation-activation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report