Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2014- cannot activate licence after replacing computer by new one

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
vladimir_r_stojanovic4EZZY
830 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad 2014- cannot activate licence after replacing computer by new one

Hi all,

I replaced my old computer on my working place with a new one and after that I cannont activate my standalone license of AutoCAD 2014. I tried with Autodesk support, but to no avail. Please, had anybody similar experience and what would be the possible solution?

Autodesk proposed me to consider buying a new license, which is at moment not acceptable in my company.

Thank you very much

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@vladimir_r_stojanovic4EZZY ,

Beginning July 1, 2022, Autodesk will no longer support license activation for versions 2011 to 2014.

Seems Autodesk already told you:

@vladimir_r_stojanovic4EZZY wrote:

Autodesk proposed me to consider buying a new license, which is at moment not acceptable in my company.

ValentinWSP_0-1702459673695.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 4

First, thank you @Valentin-WSP for such quick response! I appreciate it very much.

Then, it is not so simple in my case. I installed fresh copy of AutoCAD 2014 on my new computer, but it keeps on crashing all the time, so I cannot even log in to my account. But, I wonder what that would bring, because I created my Autodesk account much later on (old copy on old computer I used for nine years without ever creating Autodesk account whatsoever...) and it is in no way connected to my AutoCAD 2014 license?

I have no clue why the app crashes, since this new computer is much more powerful than the old one, so there is no question if it is hardware compliant to AutoCAD 2014. The error message after starting the app reads, FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0xe5231000 Exception at 5809x377h, whatever that means...

I tried to deinstall and install it again and again, pulled fresh install file from Autodesk (in case that the old one I had should be corrupt or whatever else might be...), but it is always the same.

Also, this could be important fact: when I proceed to activate the license through Autodesk Licensing frame/ window, at third step I get the next error message: Activation request does not match license type (Your activation request does not match the license type (stand- alone or network). Check whether you have purchased a network or standalone license and install accordingly.

I don't understand that message. Of course, I bought the standalone license back then, not network license, I know that for sure. And so was it working perfectly for years.

thanks again

best regards

Message 4 of 4

@vladimir_r_stojanovic4EZZY ,

Unfortunately, Autodesk will only allow you to Download Previous Version back up to 5 years.

Your only option is to continue using your 2014 version on your previous computer or subscribe to a current version of Autodesk software.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/contact-support

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report