Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2007 for MAC

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
9601 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2007 for MAC

I need AutoCAD 2007 for high school. Because that's the program that the teacher uses. So, what can I do to be able to have it in a Mac?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I need AutoCAD 2007 for high school. Because that's the program that the teacher uses.

In that case you need another teacher. Instead of preparing you students for the future he shows you something really historical and absolutely out-of-date. The user interface as well as drawing technics, annotation, 3D-object functionality ... all is different today compared to 2007-

>> So, what can I do to be able to have it in a Mac?

You won't get a version 2007 today (as the current release is 2018). And at least ... a version 2007 was not available for Mac.

You (and especially your teacher) need current education versions from the education portal >>>there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks, and I have another question, why do autoCAD 2016, 2017 and 2018 not available again for Mac OS?

Message 4 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> why do autoCAD 2016, 2017 and 2018 not available again for Mac OS?

AutoCAD 2016 as well as AutoCAD 2017 is available for Mac-OS, check in >>>Autodesk Virtual Agent<<<.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I would like to have the 2007 version to install in my Mac too because this new version 2017 is awfulllll! Don't install it! 

I use Autocad for many years since Autocad 12, Autodesk always made a crazy version of Autocad and now this one 2017 is awful!

I completely understand why your teacher doesn't use the new version! 

Message 6 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I would like to have the 2007 version to install in my Mac too

Have you read (and understood) post 2 in this thread?

- alfred -

PS: I don't see any single reason to teach student an old release of any software.

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

autocad 2007 is a good version. why I can't download 2007 version, I can't understand. it is silly. some one asking why do you want to install autocad 2007. and ı m asking to that man, why do you want to learn this. is this your problem.

Message 8 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> autocad 2007 is a good version

AutoCAD 2007 was never available for Mac, you can't get a software that was never developed ... is that better to understand, sorry for my English.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 13
princearafat043

need

Message 10 of 13
princearafat043

> I need AutoCAD 2007 for high school. Because that's the program that the teacher uses
Message 11 of 13
princearafat043

> I need AutoCAD 2007 for high school. Because that's the program that the teacher uses

Message 12 of 13
pendean
in reply to: princearafat043

@princearafat043 wrote:

Ask your teacher for the year-2006 program, no one else hosts that old thing anymore legally that you can use today in the year 2024.

Message 13 of 13

Hi,

>> Because that's the program that the teacher uses

Please don't ask for that old program, ask for a new teacher. (sorry for wording, but it's true)

If you would learn how AutoCAD worked 20 years ago you would not be able to use the current version of the application as the complete UI changed as well as a mass of commands/parameter/... .

Also: You would not get this old application working on current MacOS (even don't remember if AutoCAD 2006 was available on MacOS)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report