Community
PowerShape Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerShape Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerShape topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSHAPE : How to change default color for a surface

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1857 Views, 7 Replies

PowerSHAPE : How to change default color for a surface

Hello,

We want to ask how to change default color for a surface in PowerSHAPE? Like the image attached here.
My color scheme option is "black_on_gray" , and the default color for surface is blue.

We want to know, does it is possible change default color for a surface?

For ex.  > standard21 or other (Topic Toolbar > Format > Material > Standard > standard21 )

Nathan.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jitendra.chaudhari
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,  

Welcome to Autodesk PowerShape Forum..

For changing the colour of the every new surface to be created, you would have to modify the existing colourscheme that is used by Autodesk PowerShape & for further details please refer the following procedure - 

1. Please go to the Main Menu-->Tools-->Options-->Properties—>Appearance-->ColourScheme in PowerSHAPE.
  1. Please see which is current colourscheme used is in your system for the Autodesk PowerSHAPE. (Default colourscheme in Autodesk PowerShape is black on gray.)
  1. Then please open the respective colourscheme in Notepad++ from Following location in Autodesk PowerShape installation directory: ..\sys\hci\colourscheme\ xxx.scm
  1. Further find for words 'material surface_blue' & change the value of the desired colors defined in terms of as R Y B values (RED/YELLOW/BLUE).
  1. Restart all active session of Autodesk PowerShape if any.  

Thanks and Regards,

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 3 of 8

can this be added to the options so as to make it easier to do?

Bruce Green
Saying I cant always leads to failure
Saying I tried MIGHT lead to success
Message 4 of 8

not sure why but it isn't working for me in 2018

i use the white on black like Nathan, 

i changed the 1st 2 lines

material surface_white: \
colour: 255 255 255 \
group_name: Defaults \
transmission: 0.0 \
polish: 6.0 \
emission: 0.0 \
reflect: 0.5 \
shader_reflectance: "shader reflectance conductor {0.200 0.700 0.300 0.500 0.100 1.253 0.854 0.630 3.503 4.744 4.196}" \
override: true

Bruce Green
Message 5 of 8

this is not working for me??????????

Bruce Green
Message 6 of 8

Hi @a1moldmaker

Thanks for contacting the Autodesk Community Forum. 

I am not able to reproduce the above reported instance at my end in Autodesk PowerShape 2018. Please refer the screen-cast for further details- 

Can you please explain in details regarding setting the default color for surface In Autodesk PowerShape 2018 ? Can you please confirm the exact variant (Standard / Premium / Ultimate)of Autodesk PowerShape 2018 with which you facing the above reported instance? 

Please update if you are using any regional settings other than that of English. It would be great if you can record a small video showing the exact steps to reproduce the instance at our end? 

Can you please confirm that you are modifying the correct color scheme and from Autodesk PowerShape 2018 installation at your end?

Please verify and confirm.  

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 7 of 8

thanks,

that was what i needed

Bruce Green
Message 8 of 8
PLAS1991
in reply to: Anonymous

We can't change the ribbon color also

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report