Community
PowerShape Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerShape Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerShape topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSHAPE asks for login...why?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1104 Views, 3 Replies

PowerSHAPE asks for login...why?

Customer had a virus on his computer, he thinks it is removed now, but after installing PowerSHAPE again he gets a Login screen (see attached screenshot).

I have never seen it before, you know where it came from and how to solve it?

Or is virus still active at his computer?

Thanks,

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAMXPRESS
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Patrick,

Does he change the logged in user at Windows? (He/She need to be login to Windows with the same user as before.)

If it not possible you able to login any valid Windows user/pass to PowerSHAPE. 

Hope it helps.

Joe

Message 3 of 4
rohit.malpekar

Hello Patrick,

I hope you have installed the PowerSHAPE with 'run as Administrator' while installing

Also had you as user have all admin rights on the system that you working correctly?

PowerSHAPE maintains a list of users who are allowed to login to the program. The System Administrator may update this list and allocate a security rating to each user to control access to data. Each user may have an individual password.

The user name in powershape needs to be the same as the windows login ID. There is a section in PowerSHAPE's help document on how to do this. Look for "Setting up a new user".

I've listed the documentation below. If the existing user doesn't have access rights then log into PowerSHAPE as "admin", there is no password, and make the necessary changes to the existing user list :-
When you run PowerSHAPE for the first time, a new user is automatically created for you using your Windows login name (with security level 3). Although you can set up yourself as a user by simply running PowerSHAPE, you must have administrative privileges to set up other users.

1) Run PowerSHAPE.

2) From the Tools menu, select Show Command Window to display the command window at the bottom of the screen.

3) In the command window, type: admin create user

4) Type in the login name of the user. This is usually the same as the user's system login name.

5) Type in a password for the user. Your Windows and your PowerSHAPE passwords need not be the same, and in fact most users choose not to have a PowerSHAPE password at all. If you do have a PowerSHAPE password, you will always be prompted for it when starting PowerSHAPE.

If no password is required, type: none

6) Type in the name of the user in single quotes, for example,
'Penny Black'

7) Type in the security level of the user.

8) Type in the path of the login macro for the user.
If no login macro is required, type: none

and the default login macro is used.

I hope this will be helpful to solve the issue.

Thank you and Regards,

Rohit

Rohit.M
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This was not the solution for me. I needed to completely remove PowerSHAPE as well as the FCS license software. Then i needed to delete the contents of this directory: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Delcam\.

Then reboot and reinstall PowerSHAPE. Hopefully this saves someone the hours we spent figuring it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report