Community
PowerShape Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerShape Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerShape topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import & Export Autocad DWG error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
madaAG8FC
1748 Views, 10 Replies

Import & Export Autocad DWG error

problem export_exchange 2017.png

I had a problem when import and export DWG in Autodesk PowerShape Standart 2017 sp 5.Do you can help me for this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi @madaAG8FC,

Thanks for contacting Autodesk Community Forum.. 

I am not sure about this functionality but it seems the DXF and other third party file format import and export options is available with Autodesk PowerShape Premium and Autodesk PowerShape Ultimate version only.. Still I will ask development for this query and get back to you as soon as possible..

I will update this thread once I would get feedback from development on this query..

Thank for your time and co-operation,

Best Regards,  

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 3 of 11

Hi @madaAG8FC,

Sorry but Please ignore my last log on this thread. I have found an internal document for this query

It seems that you might have installed PowerShape SP5 (or nay service pack SP1 to SP5) directly without installing PowerShape-2017SP0. Just installing a service pack for PowerShape (SP..) will not install any licenses.

Steps for resolving DXF import / export query with PS Standard:

Please uninstall the previously installed PowerShape Standard 2017 then We must first install 2017 SP0 followed by 2017 latest Service Pack.

The significance of installing 2017 SP0 is that it also installs all the required licences including that of Exchange.

Development have just tested this and the behaviour they have observed is as expected:

1. Please install fresh copy of PowerShape Standard 2017 SP0 (CR 17136)

Please verify that you can export / import dxf file without any problems with this version.

2. Further please install PowerShape 2017 SP5 (CR 17144) or whichever is the latest.

Please verify that you can export / import dxf file without any problems with this version PS 2017 SP5 Standard.

Hope this resolves the above reported query.

Please verify and confirm.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 4 of 11

I have to install PowerSHAPE 2017 SP0 first, then I install sp 6(not sp5)...

Message 5 of 11

Hi @madaAG8FC

Thanks for contacting the Autodesk Community Forum.. 

In that case can you please raise a case for this query from your Autodesk Account or contact your local re-seller so that they can create a case on behalf of you. So that we can pass this query to PowerShape development team for further investigation.

Thank you for your time and co-operation,

Best Regards, 

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 6 of 11

I think you may be trying to do this the wrong way.

Try exiting drafting mode and return to modelling mode, highlight the wire frames that you want in you DXF then File-Export.

select the required options and hey presto !!

Hope that helps

Chris

Message 7 of 11
madaAG8FC
in reply to: ChrisDPCnc

I've tried to do what you recommend, but I can not. Does this affect the window that we use?

Message 8 of 11

Hi @madaAG8FC

Thanks for contacting Autodesk Community Forum.. 

Sorry I forgot to add that I have added the above instance in change request to PowerShape development team. I don't think windows might have some role here. Still can you please confirm the exact windows version that you currently using? 

Hi @ChrisDPCnc and @madaAG8FC

Can you please do some test at follows :  (As asked by PowerShape development department) 

[1]: When you launch Exchange 2017 standalone, what does it startup as - is it Standard or Premium 

[2]: Are you able to import dxf files in standalone Exchange. please send me the log report. You can see the log report via the menu option 'Tools | View Translation Details' 

[3] Please send me a screen shot of entries from add/remove programs. I would like to see entries of the form: 

Autodesk*2017 FCS Licence

where * is the product name.

Please verify and confirm.  

Thank you for your time and co-operation,

Jitendra Chaudhari.
Message 9 of 11

[1]: When you launch Exchange 2017 standalone, what does it startup as - is it Standard or Premium 

STANDARD

1.jpg

[2]: Are you able to import dxf files in standalone Exchange. please send me the log report. You can see the log report via the menu option 'Tools | View Translation Details' 

when i import file dxf file, file format can not running...

3.jpg

Please advice...

Mada Kharisma

Message 10 of 11
madaAG8FC
in reply to: madaAG8FC

i had a new update for this problem.

1.another workstation : Running Well with PowerSHAPE 2017 , Window 7 SP 1

2.workstation customer(The previous error) : If i install exchange 2016 R2 and than install PowerSHAPE 2017.Import/export DXF can running well.(Window 7 SP 1)

Message 11 of 11

Hi @madaAG8FC

Thanks for contacting Autodesk Community Forum .. 

Can you please explain in bit more details regarding your comments as below? 

******************************************************************************************************************

1.another workstation : Running Well with PowerSHAPE 2017 , Window 7 SP 1 -->  Can you please explain in more details? Does system have same Exchange Standard and able to export DXF ? Please confirm licensed version of the AMDEU installed on this system.  

2.workstation customer(The previous error) : If i install exchange 2016 R2 and than install PowerSHAPE 2017.Import/export DXF can running well.(Window 7 SP 1) -->  Can  you please confirm that once again that does this system have same Exchange Standard and able to export DXF ? Please confirm licensed version of the AMDEU installed on this system. 

******************************************************************************************************************

Please verify and confirm.. 

Thank you for your time and co-operation.

Jitendra Chaudhari.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report