Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe to delete Autodesk folder?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
iamcdn79
2219 Views, 4 Replies

Safe to delete Autodesk folder?

When I installed Powermill 2018 Ultimate a folder was created called C:\Autodesk with the following subfolders attached. Is it safe to delete this folder? The reason I ask is it takes over 3 gb of disk space

Capture.PNG

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TK.421
in reply to: iamcdn79

I deleted mine and 2018 still functions properly. I assumed thats where the  install files are extracted to...

--------------------------------------
Former Expert Elite Member (not enough participation in all their webinars and other "stuff", even though I beta test and regularly contribute to the betterment of the software and the PowerMill community as a whole)

the numbers never lie
Message 3 of 5
NanchenO
in reply to: TK.421

Correct.

These are setup files. I moved mine to another location just to avoid having to download them again if I have to reinstall PowerMill.

Olivier

Message 4 of 5
GlennM.MCAM
in reply to: iamcdn79

If I'm not sure if it's safe to delete a folder, I try to rename it first and test it out (or just keep it renamed for a month).

I would change "Autodesk" to "Autodesk1". Redirects to this folder will be broken and you just have to rename it back to original.

Nothing can get lost this way Smiley Wink

Glenn

Intel i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz -16GB RAM - Nvidia Quadro K620 - 250GB SSD - Win 7 Pro x64 SP1
PowerMILL Premium 2019.1 - PowerINSPECT Ultimate OMV 2017 SP6
Message 5 of 5
iamcdn79
in reply to: GlennM.MCAM

@GlennM.MCAM Thank god that I only renamed that folder to 'Autodesk1' and not deleted that entire folder because then I wouldn't have been able to downgrade to Powermill 2018 update 3 from update 4, I would have had to unistall all of Powermill 2018 and reinstall all over again.

If you ever want to just downgrade an update in the future without having to uninstall the complete Powermill installtion don't delete that folder.

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report