Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Layout Lag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tonyw6568
308 Views, 3 Replies

Point Layout Lag

I am working on a project for a customer that is using a Trimble unit in the field to layout duct hanger points. I am using Autodesk Point Layout to export the points to send him. The problem I am having is every time I insert a point the software hesitates and I have to wait for it before I can insert another point. I don't remember this ever happening before and I have done quite a few projects in Point Layout. I can only assume it has something to do with the drawing I received from the customer. Is there something that causes this hesitation between points? Is there something common I could do within the drawing to fix this? I have deleted any unnecessary objects and purged the drawing but nothing has helped.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s.hamel
in reply to: tonyw6568

That is certainly not normal.  Are you inserting them in Revit/ACAD/Navisworks?  Are you using any other Add-ins?

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 3 of 4
tonyw6568
in reply to: s.hamel

I am using Point Layout in AutoCAD MEP 2020.
Message 4 of 4
s.hamel
in reply to: tonyw6568

If it's an option, you can PM me a link to the file and I can take a look.  Otherwise, since I haven't seen this problem before, the best suggest I would have is to purge (which you already did) and Audit(Yes to fix errors question) the file.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report