Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITM Descriptions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mcordova
1397 Views, 7 Replies

ITM Descriptions

Hello,

Just curious about description options when adding APL points to .itm fabrication hangers (inside Revit)? When I generate points this way and export out to a .mep file, the "Description" our layout tablet reads is pulling from the wrong source. Is there a way to get point descriptions to pull from drop rod diameter? That way our guys know what size banger to place into the deck.

Right now my workaround is to MAJ out of Revit and create the points from Autocad...a step i'd like to skip of possible.

Please see attachments. Thanks!

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
s.hamel
in reply to: mcordova

Welcome mcordova, great question.  Indeed there is, but it requires some functionality that was added in a newer version than it looks like you are running from your pictures.  See below picture for a new button that was added in the 2020 release that covers adding any parameter available as part of the description:

image.png

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 3 of 8
mcordova
in reply to: s.hamel

Wow very cool Shayne. When you say version...does that have to be in Revit 2020? Or is this an APL Version/Update that could work in 2018 Revit as well?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Message 4 of 8
s.hamel

It will work within Revit 2018 as well, APL 2021 still supports Revit 2015 to Revit 2021.  There are some features that are specific to newer versions of Revit of course, but this specific functionality will work in Revit 2018.

Shayne Hamel
Message 5 of 8
mcordova

Thank you! I will test it out today and come back with an accepted solution click!

Message 6 of 8
mcordova

For me, I had to uninstall the previous versions and reinstall APL 2021 to get these new features to work. This works perfectly now. Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
csaeyang

Shayne,

Is this Revit Specific? I am having this issue in Autocad and I do not see any options to designate where we want the information pulled from..
Message 8 of 8
s.hamel

That is Revit specific, for AutoCAD if you go to settings, and then the AutoCAD tab, there are some CADmep specific options, one of which allows you to pull data from your custom fields, which isnt exactly the same, but custom fields I believe can be populated from the regular CADmep item fields.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report