Did you mean: 

Subscription questions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
815 Views, 2 Replies

Subscription questions

I can only compare this with Bentley products as they have a similar subscription model, but I need to understand how existing licenses are handled by Autodesk.

When we buy a new product in a desktop subscription, how are are existing perpetual licenses handled? Can we have both perpetual (owned) licenses and subscription products combined or is it only one or the other?

We would intend to upgrade to desktop subscriptions over time, but would not be interested in taking on a completely new license agreement for all our existing softwares that we already paid for.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CatsChaiTea
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello dgodfather,

When you begin purchasing licenses under subscription, nothing happens to existing perpetual licenses you own.  You can co-mingle use of perpetual and subscription-based licenses within the same company, team or individual user.  We will end the sale of new perpetual licenses for many of our individual product titles next Jan 31, 2016.  The list is available at the first link below.  If you are starting your transition now to Desktop Subscription based licenses, this date may have no impact on you.

Here are links to two resources that may find useful:

FAQ for Autodesk's Perpetual License Changes

Information about Autodesk Subscription offeirngs

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

catwolfsf

Catherine Wolf

Director, Customer Success

Sustainability and Foundation
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CatsChaiTea

Thanks for the reply. I'll print this for my records.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report