Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2019 16.7.x for ObjectARX 2022

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tbrammer
2746 Views, 7 Replies

Visual Studio 2019 16.7.x for ObjectARX 2022

The ObjectARX 2022 Migration Guide and the Developer Center state that "Visual Studio 2019 16.7" is the officially supported IDE for AutoCAD 2022 ARX and .NET development.

Does that mean that only "VS 2019 16.7.0" (August 5, 2020) is officially supported

or that any version up to "VS 2019 16.7.13" (March 9, 2021) is officially supported as well?

See here for VS 2019 release history.

Thomas Brammer ● Software Developer ● imos AGLinkedIn
If an answer solves your problem please [ACCEPT SOLUTION]. Otherwise explain why not.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
moogalm
in reply to: tbrammer

Any VS2019 version after 16.7 for ARX 2022 is supported and should work.

Message 3 of 8
tbrammer

Thanks for the fast response, Madhukar 😀.
How about 16.8.x and 16.9.x ?

If an answer solves your problem please [ACCEPT SOLUTION]. Otherwise explain why not.

Message 4 of 8
moogalm

Yes, we support both minor version and service update too.

So all your x's [No pun intended] are supported  😉

Message 5 of 8
moogalm
in reply to: moogalm

But do note- I had very bad experience with debugger in VS 2019 16.9.2, I have raised a defect with MSFT.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/visual-studio-2019-1692-freezes-when-debugger-is-l/138...

The workaround is 

- Attach a AutoCAD process to the debugger instead of f5.

The problem seems to appear if by any chance you have fetched AutoCAD symbols or MSDN symbol in your VS 2019 and later disconnected fetching symbols, the debugger gets really slow, it still attempts to fetch the symbols.

Message 6 of 8
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: moogalm

@moogalm wrote:

But do note- I had very bad experience with debugger in VS 2019 16.9.2, I have raised a defect with MSFT.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/visual-studio-2019-1692-freezes-when-debugger-is-l/138...

The workaround is 

- Attach a AutoCAD process to the debugger instead of f5.

The problem seems to appear if by any chance you have fetched AutoCAD symbols or MSDN symbol in your VS 2019 and later disconnected fetching symbols, the debugger gets really slow, it still attempts to fetch the symbols.

The same issue with VS 2019 16.9.3 or it was fixed?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 7 of 8
tbrammer

I'm currently using 16.8.3. Every now and than I experience a weird effect during debugging: The program obviously stops at a breakpoint, but I can neither see a callstack nor a thread view. F5 doesn't work. But if I choose "Debugging->Break all" (Ctrl-Alt-Break) and than F5 it starts working again.

Message 8 of 8
moogalm
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

It didn't make any difference, the current version I have is 16.9.3., again this is very typical scenario not that everyone would face.

I did receive from few internal folks having same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report