Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How highlight multiple edges of a (custom) entity?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
maisoui
505 Views, 3 Replies

How highlight multiple edges of a (custom) entity?

Hi,

I'd like to reproduce 'remove points' feature of mleader for my custom entity, and I'm looking for how highlight multiple edges. I found a lot of example on how highlight one segment or edge of an entity but none for multiple.

A small picture to illustrate what I'd like to do:

highlight_multiple_edges.png

Here the code I used (found on ADN or in forums):

hightlightEdge(const AcDbObjectId & objId, const int iMarker) const
{

Acad::ErrorStatus es; //open entity AcDbEntity * pEntity; if((es = acdbOpenAcDbEntity(pEntity, objId, AcDb::kForRead)) != Acad::eOk) return; //get the subentity ID for the edge that is picked AcGePoint3d pickpnt; AcGeMatrix3d mx; int iNumIds; AcDbFullSubentPath * pSubentIds; if((es = pEntity->getSubentPathsAtGsMarker(AcDb::kEdgeSubentType, iMarker, pickpnt, mx, iNumIds, pSubentIds)) == Acad::eOk) { // At this point the subentId's variable contains the // address of an array of AcDbFullSubentPath objects. // The array should be one element long, so the picked // edge's AcDbFullSubentPath is in subentIds[0]. // // For objects with no edges (such as a sphere), the // code to highlight an edge is meaningless and must // be skipped. // if(iNumIds > 0) { Acad::ErrorStatus es = pEntity->highlight(pSubentIds[0]); assert(es == Acad::eOk); } delete [] pSubentIds; } pEntity->close();

}

remark:

• I defined all necessary methods in my custom entity (subGetSubentPathsAtGsMarker, subHighlight, subUnhighlight).
  • It works very well for one segment (but every time I call my method hightlightEdge, it clears the previous highlighted edge)

All suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: maisoui

Have you tried calling highlight() multiple times without closing and re-opening the entity?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
maisoui
in reply to: owenwengerd

Yes I tried (I hoped it was the solution). Only the last call to highlight has effect.

--
Jonathan
Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: maisoui

Hello,

This blog post might be helpful.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/06/get-the-entitiessubentitiesgeometry-an-associative-dim...

Sub-entities that are associated with a selected dimension are highlighted.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report