Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning strategy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
s223189057
309 Views, 5 Replies

Scanning strategy

Hi there,
I want to print two different samples with different strategies. One of them I would like to print tracks every other one, then come back and print other tracks between previously printed ones at the same layer (the left picture). Another one is that I want to print some spots with concentration time (the right picture).    I want to do these via machine configuration, not in slicing view. 
Many thanks for your help and consideration

s223189057_0-1707026750269.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello, @s223189057,

For the first requirement, simple hatching offers a parameter, Alternating hatch cycles. (Due to a bug, this currently appears with a placeholder text, "%%%%NTC_OPT_SIMPLEHATCHING_ALTERNATINGHATCHCYCLES") A value of 0 or 1 is equivalent to no interleaving passes, a value of 2 would produce what you describe, and any higher number would produce more consecutive passes, accordingly.

hatchfill-alternating.png

The second requirement is currently not supported.

Best regards,

Steffen

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Netfabb resources: Online HelpNetfabb knowledge baseForumsHomepageYouTube
Message 3 of 6

Hi there, 
Thanks for your help. I saw my simple hatching setting, but there was not the one item you mentioned.  I attached the box below. 

thanks

s223189057_0-1707551643399.png

Message 4 of 6

That dialog is from machine-agnostic, manual slicing, which I did not mention because you explicitly said you wanted to use machine configuration, NOT slicing view.

In machine-agnostic, manual slicing, hatch interleaving is performed separately using Edit hatches > Convert contours/hatches > Hatch permutation with at least 2 passes.

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Message 5 of 6

thanks for getting back to me. Actually, I first checked my machine configuration, then looked at the slicing view as I thought there might be there. I think the premium version does not have this parameter. My Ultimate version expired, and I have been waiting for 2024 Ultimate version. 

Message 6 of 6

Premium and Ultimate are not meant to differ in that aspect. You should be seeing the same parameters and switches for slicing and hatching between Premium and Ultimate. Their only differences should be whether 3S latticing, Lua automation, the utilities like ATU, and here specifically Simulation Utility are present.

The screenshots I posted earlier were all taken with 2024.0. So, assuming you have this version, too, I would expect you to find the same parameters.

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report