Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real and Integer in CLI file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
min1ck
320 Views, 2 Replies

Real and Integer in CLI file

Good morning everyone, we have been using netfabb with our machine for some time, we have established a toolpath strategy through the Diagram.

Now that we are trying to move to an EBPA, I noticed that the CLI file exported from the EBPA script reports the values ​​(hatches) in Real numbers, while our Diagram exports in integers.

I would need to export the parameters in integers, I think this should be done in Main, in DecleareParameters (maybe also in the export_cli.js, right?)

Furthermore, I noticed that in the Diagram the layers are exported as Integers, while I see them as real, and also that the dimensions of the object to be printed are on a different scale.

Could anyone give me some more information, where to check?
Thanks in advance! 😄

I attach some example photos

DIAGRAM_CLIDIAGRAM_CLIEBPA_CLIEBPA_CLI

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
robert.weitzel
in reply to: min1ck

If you created a new ATU project from the CLI export project template, then you will have a export_cli.js containing the cli exporter class.

In order to get an integer based export you just have to make sure that mUnit is set to 0.001 and mOutputPrecision is set to 0.

So in main.js in the function exportToFile it would look like this:

var cli_exporter = new CLI.cliExport(0.001, CLI.options.ascii | CLI.options.buildPart | CLI.options.exposure);
cli_exporter.mOutputPrecision = 0;
cli_exporter.exportCli(exportFile, modelData, progress);

Robert Weitzel

Principal SW Engineer
Message 3 of 3
min1ck
in reply to: min1ck

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report