Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master thesis about netfabb

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jonas_schwemmer
845 Views, 9 Replies

Master thesis about netfabb

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently writing my master's thesis on the Netfabb program and would like to do a small project with grid structures and adjustable grid density in the component as part of this. If I understand correctly, I need Netfabb Ultimate for this function, which is not available with a training license.
If this is the case, is it possible to get an Ultimate license as part of a master thesis?
The core of the thesis is to investigate the functions and potential of the program and to apply it in an additive manufacturing project.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yours sincerely
Jonas Schwemmer

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

please logon to https://www.autodesk.com/education/home and request a grant for Netfabb Ultimate and add your comments below to the grant submission 

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I don't find Netfabb Ultimate in the list. I can only choose Netfabb Premium.

BR
Jonas
Message 4 of 10

Please see the attached image. Netfabb Ultimate is available within the "Class/Lab" tab of that webpage

Message 5 of 10

jonas_schwemmer_0-1703017480239.png

Hello,

thanks for your support. On the german website I don't have the choice for lab/class. Only one site without Netfabb Ultimate. But maybe I will switch to another program if Netfabb Ultimate is not available.

BR

Jonas

Message 6 of 10

Not sure why this would be missing. I clearly have the option on the German page, and Netfabb Ultimate, too:

Category Klasse/Labor on German Autodesk Education product selectionCategory Klasse/Labor on German Autodesk Education product selectionNetfabb Ultimate on German Autodesk Education product selectionNetfabb Ultimate on German Autodesk Education product selection

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Netfabb resources: Online HelpNetfabb knowledge baseForumsHomepageYouTube
Message 7 of 10

Hello Steffen,

I'm not able to apply for a netfabb ultimate student licence. The icon for ultimate disapears when I login to my student autodesk account. Do you have a contact person for that can give me informations about to possibility to get netfabb ultimate for a master thesis about this program? Thanks!

Best regards

Jonas

Message 8 of 10

Hello,

That is because there is no Ultimate student license. You would be a student, not a class or lab.

Only representatives of educational institutions may apply for a grant of Ultimate, like your professor or similar authority, and do so in the name of that institution, not in yours.

As such, the page is working as intended.

Kind regards,

Steffen

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Message 9 of 10

Hello,

thanks for your help so far. I have access now. Is there the opportunity in the utility optimization tool to add forces (in the simulation part) out of a matrix (position and force) like in the picture below?

jonas_schwemmer_0-1707303793469.png

Or is it only possible to apply forces via polygons manually?

Thank you!

best regards

Jonas

Message 10 of 10

Technically, Optimization Utility functions as a GUI to an Autodesk Nastran 2018 solver included with the installation (a different solver can be specified); the necessary NAS and accompanying files are generated in the project folder. The NAS file contains definition of geometries and loads. A NAS file uses a human-readable, plain-text format.

To define more individual forces than what can be done using the OU GUI, a custom boundary conditions file, or "CBC file" per OU GUI lingo, must be used. This is a NAS file in itself and could come from Autodesk Inventor Nastran (possibly along a tutorial like this: Inventor Nastran 2024 Tutorial B1: Linear Static Analysis of a Fitting), or could be entirely custom-generated as long as it conforms to both Nastran and OU, obviously. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any learning material walking one through such a process apart from the ones linked just earlier.

So, no, immediate import of a matrix is not supported, but custom loads may be defined using other software or a custom script that generates NAS files.

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report