Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser index error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
703 Views, 4 Replies

Laser index error

Hello!

the program code was written in Ultimate version of 2021 Netfabb, when trying to use this program code in Premium version of 2022 Netfabb and slicing build job i had a laser index discrepancy (you can see in pic.)

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 10.41.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 10.41.56.jpeg

Another interesting fact, when i change a laser index from 1 to 4 when and then start slicing, the first digit of laser index in slice prog. dont change, but second digit corresponds to the number I set in the program code. 

F.e.

1 - 11#

2-  12#

3- 13#

4 - 14#

5- nothing

6- nothing

7- nothing

8 - nothing

9 - nothing

10 - nothing

11 - 11#

12 - 12#

13 -13#

etc.....

So, in conclusion..... this error leads to the fact that only one laser is working,instead of two,  I had to manually change the right laser index in the slice prog, in order to both laser start working correctly.

please, tell me what is the cause of this problem????    

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sebastian.pichlmeier
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

our assumption is that a SLM Solution machine expects the laser index to start with #11. So we increase the index by 10. Except for #11 and above, because in that case we assume the laser-index already accounts for the increase-by-10.

Does your SLM-machine really needs laser indices starting at #1?

Kind regards

Message 3 of 5

I suppose: In version 2022, the function of assigning lasers of a multi-laser machine when slicing use a configuration type "programmable" has been completely transferred to the machine menu (Laser Index). The "Laserindex" object is excluded from the "hatching" code. If the configuration of the "programmable" type, made in the previous version (with the presence of the "LaserIndex" object), is used, then the machine will not distribute the loaded slice on the lasers and all the work will be done with one laser. SLM 280 twin.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sebastian.pichlmeier

Hello, thanks  for quick reply Sebastian. 

For the more specific understanding: What laser index is, how does it works and how to assign it right in Netfabb?

According to your assumption, I tried to set the default laser index = 11#, in this case, only one laser worked and scanned all parts on the platform. Then i tried to set laser index = 12#, result didn't change. 

My assumption is that, if i remove laser index from program code, SLM Sol. machine will not turn on lasers at all. 

On the other side, if i remove laser index from prog.code and then assign lasers in netfabb manually foe each part, lasers will turn on and work correctly. 

If it works as I assume, then what about parts that are in the red zone of build platform or parts with large dimensions which need to be scanned with two lasers to speed up the process?

King regards

Message 5 of 5
VoodooCircus
in reply to: Anonymous

@sebastian.pichlmeier 

Laser profile optics=1, laser=12 does not exist.
How to print a large product on a SLM280HL printer. Perhaps you need to make configuration changes for this? how to do it right? Apologies for my French)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report