Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add personalized lattice topology

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jtomasd
539 Views, 3 Replies

Add personalized lattice topology

Hi!

How can I work with my own lattice topologies in Netfabb?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello, @jtomasd,

Custom topologies in the Netfabb ecosystem are created in two ways.

Lattice Topology Utility

Creates a topology file usable in the latticing function of Optimization Utility. Is rather basic and not very flexible. Only creates exactly cubic beam-and-junction topologies, and does not support custom beam cross sections. Imports Strand7 lattice topologies.

Netfabb's 3S

The structure editor of 3S provides rather extensive means to define cuboid lattice topologies of beam-and-junction or mesh type. This structure is then applied to the source mesh, generating the lattice definition that can then be exported to Lattice Commander (among other formats), turnt into a mesh, or sliced immediately.

Technically a third method, bar supports, especially those created by the adaptive lattice bars action, can be edited as a lattice in Lattice commander, although you're naturally rather limited as to how custom your custom topology can be that way.

Best regards,

Steffen

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Netfabb resources: Online HelpNetfabb knowledge baseForumsHomepageYouTube
Message 3 of 4

Is the Netfabb 3s module only available on Netfabb Ultimate or is it available on Netfabb premium to? I haven't been able to find the structure section.

Message 4 of 4

Sorry, yes, 3S and OU/LTU are included in NF Ultimate only.

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Netfabb resources: Online HelpNetfabb knowledge baseForumsHomepageYouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report