Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid3d.CheckInterference - overload with other entities, e.g. surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1092 Views, 2 Replies

Solid3d.CheckInterference - overload with other entities, e.g. surface

Hi,

I would like to check the interference between a 3DSolid and a LoftedSurface. Is there any possibilty to do this via .NET?

I know about the method Solid3d.CheckInterference(...) but there is only one possible parameter which is another 3DSolid. But the AutoCAD command INTERFERE which obviously is the basis for that method seems to accept several other object types than just 3DSolids.

Therefore I'd say it would be quite logical to have an overloaded method which accepts several other object types as parameters, not just 3DSolids.

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Can you try using Surface.createInterferenceObjects() passing solid ? This API can take solids/surface as inputs.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

Thank you very much for your answer.

This method works. I can use X.CreateInterferenceObjects() with X= LoftedSurface and X= PlaneSurface with a Solid3d object as parameter.

As the Entity.IntersectWith() method works neither with LoftedSurface, PlaneSurface nor with Solid3d this seems to be a good alternative.

But why is there virtually no documentation on Surface.CreateInterferenceObjects()?! It's definitely not listed here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/OARX/2018/ENU/?guid=OREFNET-__MEMBERTYPE_Methods_Autodesk_AutoCAD_Data...

Can you please see to it that a proper documentation is added? The method wants a flag (integer) as parameter and I have no idea what that flag is or what any of the options are.

The absence of the documentation on this method in the autocad 2018 documentation which works fine in autocad 2017 (which I am using currently) makes me wonder which other methods are missing in the documentation. I thought until today that the api is documented quite well...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report