Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCOPY entire drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Joshua_claytonWV5WP
324 Views, 5 Replies

NCOPY entire drawing

Has anyone recreated the NCOPY command in .NET that could be used to de-nest XREFs in an entire drawing?

I have a large drawing file with ~30,000 objects that I am trying to remove nuts/bolts/washers from but they are buried in XREFs.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Is the objective to remove blocks from the XREFS?

I would suggesst opening the XREF and using a delete block lisp to remove the blocks

lee mac delete block lisp - Search (bing.com)

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 3 of 6

The goal is to save the master drawing file to a new file that has all of the nested XREFs flattened and all of the included drawings to be part of the new file (with certain blocks subsequently removed to significantly lower the object count).

Message 4 of 6

Bring up the xref manager and bind the xrefs into the drawing, r-click select bind.  One version does a crazy layer naming convention and the other simple names the layers based on only the xref name,  I think the option to pick is insert vs bind when you r-click to get the simple layer naming.

You could delete the blocks from the xrefs or from the flattened files, work flow may be better from flattened file if

multiple xrefs have the same block.

Message 5 of 6

Is there a similar way to programmatically bind all of the XREFs in the drawing?

I'd like to have tool to handle all of this together if possible.

Message 6 of 6

You could use the action recorder on the TOOLs menu (may not work the best regarding XREF slection though).

Or the better option is to write a script and then run the script.

If you wanted to batch process multiple files with script functionality look at something like HURRICANE  at 74 mph . co m

Thier use to be a free batch processor around but I forgot the name.  I use hurricane.

If you do not know about scripts hurricane has many examples. 

Look in google for autocad batch processing utilities or something like that.  It should turn up a few options.

Example:

StarBatch download | SourceForge.net

Script Writer | Lee Mac Programming (lee-mac.com)

Batch Process Drawings with ScriptPro | Applying Technology to Architecture (wordpress.com)

Autodesk Customization Conversion Tools

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report