Did you mean: 

Export to AutoCAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
480 Views, 3 Replies

Export to AutoCAD

Hello,

We have ASP .Net web application developed with C# as code-behind. We have requirement to export graphics (of conveyors) in to AutoCAD, is it doable?

Please guide is that is possible.

Thanks,

Atit Shah

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: Anonymous

To the best of knowledge you have two options:

1.  Autodesk's RealDWG (annual licence fee) - This is what I have used to generate finished DWG document sets from a standalone .NET application. It is used by Revit to export DWG I believe. RealDWG has no View or Print capability so I used the Autodesk TrueView dll to do that.

2.  Open Design Alliance (https://www.opendesign.com/products/teigha-drawings) - Used to provide DWG export compatibility by lots of non-Autodesk applications (Turbo CAD, etc.)

Regards,

Dale

There is also the 'old' way, write a DXF file. It's a text file relatively simple to write that can be open directly from AutoCAD...

Its format is well documented and free!! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001

Hi,

We need more information about the graphic format, if, for example you are using SVG, there is a tool (not free: Toolpac) to import SVG into AutoCAD, if they are raster graphics like HTML 5 Canvas graphics , there is no much you can do other than import the picture, or use a raster to vector software. Another approach would be to create a DXF file  using the same input used to create the image in the web page. Also a script  (a pure script or Autolisp) may be created from the input. In any case you need a good understanding of AutoCAD.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report