Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad throws error when loading a dll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jaboone
1309 Views, 3 Replies

Acad throws error when loading a dll

I get a message when loading a dll .net project in acad 2017.  It all started when I moved there file from an upper folder to a lower folder.  Now it will built without errors but I cant get the dll to run in acad.  If anyone has seen this error please help me fix it.

I tried to reeneter the files back into the project from the solution explorer.

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "PEElec.PEElec.MyCommands.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "PEElec" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(String fileName)
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.AddCommand(ICommandLineCallable ca, MethodInfo mi)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.AutoCADApplicationHolder.Initialize(Assembly assembly)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.ExtensionLoader.ProcessAssembly(Assembly assembly)

Learning as I go
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ActivistInvestor
in reply to: jaboone

Your project appears to be using localized resources in a satellite assembly, which are are dynamically loaded at runtime based on the current locale/language in use.

Look in the original location of your .DLL for a folder with a locale name (like 'en-us' for US English) that contains a resources-only .DLL file that usually has the name <projectname>.resources.dll.

@jaboone wrote:

I get a message when loading a dll .net project in acad 2017.  It all started when I moved there file from an upper folder to a lower folder.  Now it will built without errors but I cant get the dll to run in acad.  If anyone has seen this error please help me fix it.

I tried to reeneter the files back into the project from the solution explorer.

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "PEElec.PEElec.MyCommands.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "PEElec" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(String fileName)
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.AddCommand(ICommandLineCallable ca, MethodInfo mi)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.AutoCADApplicationHolder.Initialize(Assembly assembly)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.ExtensionLoader.ProcessAssembly(Assembly assembly)

Message 3 of 4
jaboone
in reply to: ActivistInvestor

I'm afraid that didn't work because there is nothing like that in the release directory.  I compiled the dll under the debugger compiler options and loaded the dll from the build directory, there was no error when loading, but there were no keyins to implement it from acad after I loaded the dll with netload.

Learning as I go
Message 4 of 4
jaboone
in reply to: jaboone

I have solved the problem by starting another project from scratch.  Since the code was good, all I had to do was start a new dialog each occurance on a dialog and copy and paste controls then copy the code from old project.

It is working now.  Lesson learned, don't move files once you have a working solution.

Learning as I go

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report