Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeLiner animation didn't work as expected.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Radish_G
1363 Views, 13 Replies

TimeLiner animation didn't work as expected.

Hi Community,

Recently I got some issue with the TimeLiner animation output.

I can able to achieve my end result through the "Animator" But after I assign the animation set to the task in the "TimeLiner" it didn't work, same as the Animator.

What I am trying to do is,

I want to move a few groups of elements from point A to B one by one, for e.g. 5 groups of elements. And after that, I want to move all those 5 groups of elements from point B to C.

In the TimeLiner animation, only the last task works as I expected. The rest all, no.

I attached the project file and a short video of my Animator & TimeLiner animation for your kind review.

Kindly assist me to fix this issue.

Regards
Radish G
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mariah.ferranti
in reply to: Radish_G

Hello @Radish_G ,

My name is Mariah and I will be happy to take a look at this. To help narrow down what might get this working, are you able to share why you are pulling this animation into Timeliner?  Timeliner in my experience is generally used to document the construction of objects, and using it will allow them to appear at creation in the model.

Animator is generally where animations like this reside, and it looks like things are working as expected in animator. Is there something you're looking to add that Animator has been unable to provide?

Message 3 of 14
Radish_G
in reply to: mariah.ferranti

Hello @mariah.ferranti ,

Thank you so much for your reply.

We are preparing a 4D sequencing of some existing element relocation.

What I am trying to achieve is, there is a 5 group of objects on the floor. I want to move each group of elements from point A to B, after that, all the 5 groups of elements will be moved from point B to C together.

For this sequence, I need to show the Date, Time & Progress completed on the screen. So I decided to animate it in the animater and attach it to the timeLiner.

Regards
Radish G
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @Radish_G,

Same thoughts with @mariah.ferranti since everything works perfectly fine in Animator tool. Can you have a look at file I have attached if this is something you are looking for. Although I had to work in reverse thus the original starting point of the columns do not show.

I think the way NW TimeLiner tool works is how @mariah.ferranti  has mentioned it which is suppose to simulate when things will appear. In that regard, I think that animating the objects should end at their final positions to show the complete structure after the simulation instead of translating them into different location. But I maybe wrong (Newbie here).

Looking forward to @mariah.ferranti, possible workflow.

If this resolves your issue, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Message 5 of 14
Radish_G
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your replay,

I already briefed in my earlier post, why I cannot use the Animator.

Regards
Radish G
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @Radish_G ,

Were you able to see the attachment in my post?

Message 7 of 14
Radish_G

Yes

Regards
Radish G
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

And do you think it works as how you want it to be?

If this resolves your issue, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Message 9 of 14
Radish_G

No.

Refer to the video attached in my first post.

Regards
Radish G
Message 10 of 14
mariah.ferranti

Hello @Radish_G ,

The easiest way to get what you're looking for is to use the animator. If you need dates, you can create text elements and animate them to appear and disappear, simulating showing a timeline, which will be much easier and more controllable than pushing this into Timeliner, which is not intended for this sort of animation. 

Message 11 of 14
Radish_G

Hi @mariah.ferranti ,

Looks, this one of the good way to get what I need.

But, the animation of text is within Navisworks or using other application.

Regards
Radish G
Message 12 of 14
mariah.ferranti

Hello @Radish_G ,

The only text you would be able to add in Navisworks would be redline text, which would be very hard to animate. 

Your best bet is to add text to the file in its original source program, so it's created as an element, and then animate it within Navisworks with the animator to appear and disappear as time moves on.  

Message 13 of 14
mariah.ferranti

Hello @Radish_G ,

I wanted to check and see if you had any questions about the recommended workflow for this animation. Feel free to select "Accept solution" if the information was helpful (This allows other users with the same issues to find it higher in search results), ore reply back if you need more help! 

Message 14 of 14
Radish_G

Hi @mariah.ferranti ,

This solution might be workable for trial & training purpose. But it's totally not workable in a 100M project.

I think it's good to escalate to Autodesk Development Team. At least in future, they do some improvements to achieve such kind of simulation.

Regards
Radish G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report