Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swapping licenses (network to trial) for Navis Sim

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
901 Views, 6 Replies

swapping licenses (network to trial) for Navis Sim

So based on the info I've found, it looks like changing license models for Navisworks (Simulate) often requires a software re-install. I currently have a network license set up on a few machines but would like to swap them out for a temporary trial license as we reconfigure things. Is this possible without a re-install or must I do so?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

You mean, you want to run a stand-alone Trial license instead of a network license?  You *might* be able to get away with redirecting the network license location to a dummy server.  But if you aren't changing anything with the server-side licensing you could simply try borrowing the licenses for an appropriate period of time.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Yes, that is correct.

We discussed borrowing licenses but decided the temporary trial was the best course of action at this time. Trickery aside, it sounds like the most straightforward way to swap licensing would be reinstallation?

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

do you mean swapping license servers?

if yes try this

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

No, more along the lines of transfering from pointing to a license server to a standard trial license (30-day, 60-day... whatever the standard trial is for Navisworks Simulate)... I know it seems backward but just wondering if I can do this without having to reinstall the software.

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

you probably won't be able to run it as a trial since you already had it installed  running already

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hmm, ok, I guess I'll just have to try then.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report