Сообщество
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
отмена
Отображаются результаты для 
Показать  только  | Вместо этого искать 
Вы имели в виду: 

Properties sort customisation

11 ОТВЕТ 11
РЕШЕНО
Ответить
Сообщение 1 из 12
-FDC-
2850 просмотров, 11 ответов

Properties sort customisation

Is there a way to sort the properties in a different way than the total chaos Navisworks is providing?

I want the rebar number Always on top !

Now it is Always on a different location and it is driving me (and not only me) mad!

Navisworks sort.PNGNavisworks sort2.PNGNavisworks sort3.PNG

11 ОТВЕТ 11
Сообщение 2 из 12
USJM05000
в ответ: -FDC-

There is a free Navisworks add-in called Properties+ that might help:

https://apps.autodesk.com/NAVIS/en/Detail/Index?id=4839143539839553081&appLang=en&os=Win64

Basically it is a custom properties panel that limits display to a user-defined subset of element properties.

Regards,

Joe M in WV

Сообщение 3 из 12
-FDC-
в ответ: USJM05000

@USJM05000Thanks for the response!

Does this free add-in also works in Navisworks freedom?

The subcontractor only has Navisworks Freedom.

Сообщение 4 из 12
USJM05000

As far as I know, the add-in is limited to licensed versions (Simulate or Manage) of Navisworks.

An alternate solution for Freedom might be to setup Quick Properties to display the Properties of interest?  Of course, that only works for individual elements of interest in the immediate field of view.

Joe M in WV

Сообщение 5 из 12
-FDC-

Navisworks Simulate and Manage are not the problem (I can do a work around through the site inspector). I just cannot understand why Navisworks (Freedom, Simulate and Manage) are messing up the standard properties display order. It should be possible to have a custom display order for our properties! Freedom is a great tool to install on tablets and phones and use it with Bim360 but it is useless if it is messing up simple things like the order of your properties. The contractor should be able to click a rebar and immediatly see what number it is. Now you have to search for it in a list of parameters. And it never is on the same spot! This way Navisworks is (IMHO) completely useless! It is impossible for me to promote the use of Navisworks on the building site if it is acting or behaving like this!

Сообщение 6 из 12
USJM05000

I agree that Navisworks leaves many things to be desired.  You can either use what you have available to the best of your ability or write a superior piece of software and reap the benefits!

Best regards,

Joe M in WV

Сообщение 7 из 12
-FDC-

I know but there are many things I don't know and lots of things to learn !

This is why I asked the question.

Maybe the software I have and try to use it to the best of my ability already can do the things I desire but I just don't know how.

It wouldn't be the first time I search for hours how to do something and then find out it isn't possible.

One of the things I learned is to ask first.

Autodesk is trying to sell their cloud based BIM360, augmented reality and all that fancy stuff but to what use if you cannot do the most basic things like selecting a rebar and see which number it has in a glimp (without searching the whole list for each rebar you select).

I really hoped the contractor who is building our construction could benefit from our 3D rebar model but it turns out Autodesk isn't ready yet. The Navisworks Freedom is useless in real world situations and I cannot convince him to buy another expensive program just to see what number the rebar has. Anyway, even if I could convince the foreman, it is not to him to decide. He only wants a tool that makes it easier to construct my design. Freedom is helping him but not in a way it should be. Close but not yet, I would say.

Сообщение 8 из 12
USJM05000

If not already familiar with Quick Properties, it might be worthwhile to learn how to use it and show the contractor how it works.  Quick Properties is available in Navisworks Freedom and should allow the user to quickly identify element properties of interest.

If Quick Properties does not provide data of interest, then perhaps clarifying need might allow an alternate solution to be identified.

Best regards,

Joe M in WV

Сообщение 9 из 12
-FDC-

Great, I found it!

In Navisworks I accessed the quick properties definitions through the Selection inspector.

No selection inspector in the Navisworks Free so I assumed quick properties definitions weren't available either.

My mistake, sorry autodesk!

Now I can write the manual I promised him to use Navisworks.

Thanks @USJM05000 !

Although it isn't a solution for my Original question you did help me out here.

Сообщение 10 из 12
USJM05000

We found that color coding rebar in Navis also helped to identify bar sizes.  Selection sets were made based on rebar types.  Appearance Profiler was used to color the elements by set.  Text elements visible are 2D AutoCAD offset to appropriate Z offset in Navisworks.

Level 02 Concrete-Steel-RoughModel-WithRebarCloseup2.jpg

Regards,

Joe M in WV

Сообщение 11 из 12
-FDC-

Color coding in Navis ?

I "color code" my rebar in Revit (I assume that doesn't matter to identify bar sizes).

Till now I used Navisworks just to check the design in 3D (it is easier than Revit).

It is the first time a contractor is really trying to use it on the site (that means I don't have a lot of experience with Navisworks).

Some new questions for you:

Did you create the rebar in your screenshot in Revit?

Who are you working for ? An engineering firm (like me) or a building contractor (the one who is building the design)?

Color coding RebarColor coding Rebar

Сообщение 12 из 12
USJM05000

Rebar in the image posted was done many years ago in AutoCAD.   The 3D rebar modeling was subcontracted for a rebar contractor based on their shop drawings.  At the time they were working in 2D only.

I work for a multi discipline design/PM firm.  Perhaps it is unusual but the office I work in specializes in structural steel connection fabrication modeling and design.

Regards,

Joe M in WV

Не нашли то, что искали? Задайте вопросы в сообществе или поделитесь своими знаниями.

Новая тема  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report