Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portions of objects missing / shown in wireframe in Navisworks Manage 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
julia3683
1416 Views, 3 Replies

Portions of objects missing / shown in wireframe in Navisworks Manage 2011

I need some help to resolve this issue.

I have a DWG file drawn with CADWorx Plant 2013 (running on AutoCAD Mechanical 2013) and saved the file as “AutoCAD 2010 drawing” file format. When I opened this file in Navisworks Manage 2011, all pipe objects were shown in wireframe and all elbows (45° & 90°) expect the straight portion of those elbows were missing. Pipes and custom objects were visible in wireframe.

I want to see all objects in shaded mode in Navisworks Mange 2011.

To fix these problem I’ve tried following solutions.

So far, nothing has worked yet.

Install Object Enabler (AutoCAD Architecutre-MEP 2013 OE x64.exe)

(In Navisworks Mange 2011, I looked for Scene Statistics in View Menu, to find out which object enabler was missing, but this function was nowhere to be found.)

In Navisworks, under “Global Option> File Readers> DWG/DXF, I changed the render type to Shaded.

For the “DWG Loader Version” I set the version to “2010”.

Delete NWC files associated the drawing file before opening the file in Navisworks.

All those components in the dwg file can be shown as shaded in Navisworks Manage by exporting the dwg file to 3D DXF then open the dxf file. But this method does not serve well for our work here. And I want to open dwg files in Navisworks manage and see all components shown in shaded.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: julia3683

Sounds lke you've done everything correctly; the MEP object enabler shouldn't have any effect.  I'm not certain the CADWorx OE will function for Navisworks 2011 products.  You may be restricted to opening in Simulate/Manage 2013, publishing to NWD, and downsaving the NWD to 2011 format.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
julia3683
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for the comments, dgorsman.

I’ve looked into CADWorx OE, they said the installation of the enabler is only required on systems that do not have CADWorx 2013 installed. So that installing CADWorx OE won’t solve this issue..

Well, we do not have either Simulate 2013 or Manage 2013, unfortunately.

Since my office won’t upgrade Mange 2011 to 2013 version, I guess exporting DWG files to 3D DXF file format then open the files in Manage 2011 is only option.

I just found other thread regarding piping components shown in wireframe. Their software version differs from mine, but the issues they are having are identical to my case. I will look into that discussion.

Again thanks

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: julia3683

Look into upgrading - this one is well worth the effort, if only to future proof against incoming 2013 DWG content.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report