Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2023: Faceting factor in conversion method v3 not improving displayed objects

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ragnhild.myrnes
280 Views, 0 Replies

NW2023: Faceting factor in conversion method v3 not improving displayed objects

Hi!

We have a problem that ifc objects are presented very roughly using the v3 conversion method.

Changing the faceting factor doesn't seem to make any difference (tested with both 0.1, 1 and 200 as examples below)

1_v3_facets.jpg

The objects are shown more accurately when using conversion method: legacy, but then all the colours are gone (render style shaded or full render does not make any difference). However if I use representation detail: show all colours are kind of shown, but the elements are divided into both a 'facetation' and a body so it is not working in an ideal way:

2_legacy.jpg

If i check 'Convert Axes' the lines are also shown, so that is more helpful, but it is still a problem that the objects are displayed very 'rough'.

3_v3_ConvertAxes.jpg

 conversion method: 2 is not working as it creates a level object in 0,0,0 which makes the model difficult to navigate and zoom to. (i have checked the ifc files and there are no such level objects in the native ifc file)

Does anybody know of a solution or hack to this? One idea could be to use the legacy conversion method and then colour the elements with appearance profiler, but I would prefer to show the true colours of the ifc files without having to colour them in Navisworks as we have a lot of different ifc-files and navisworks-files.

In other software, the model objects are shown nicely.

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report