Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks gives 7000 clashes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
efyme1
265 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks gives 7000 clashes

I have been tasked with conducting clash detection for my BIM project for uni. However, when I conduct the test for hard clashes, I get almost 7000 clashes and when I looked through them to check if they are real, the majority are mundane things that shouldn't be considered clash like stairs and railing, roof trusses, and even curtain wall panels and mullions which should intersect. There is even clash with windows and "rooms". When I asked my lecturer, she said there is definitely something wrong but hadn't encountered something like this before and told me to check the forums. Is there something wrong with the program or the revit model or something? Or is there no way to fix this issue and I should just make smaller more specific tests?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.johnson7YLND
in reply to: efyme1

Create multiple selection / search sets for the elements that you really need to check against.

E.G. Beams, Columns, Floors, Ductwork, pipes etc... and run the clash test against the sets.

This will give you much more predictable result (fewer clashes)

nw clash vs sets.PNG

Message 3 of 3
hmunsell
in reply to: efyme1

Almost any thing touching anything else is considered a clash. You can add a Tolerance to the clash, you can also set the Type to minimize clashes. Once a clash is made you can also set the status of specific clashes as Approved. 

hmunsell_0-1681228012748.png  hmunsell_1-1681228048548.png

But the best way, as @alan.johnson7YLND mentioned, is to make Search/Selection sets for specific categories and create rules to clash the sets. my personal preference is Search Sets 😊.  

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report