Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Data Tools - Link Multiple Sheet into one query

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
F.Bitetto
664 Views, 7 Replies

Navisworks Data Tools - Link Multiple Sheet into one query

Hi, i'm trying to create one query in order to connect multiple excel sheets using only one link.

I have used UNION statement but without success.

SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$] WHERE "CONSTRUCTION PACKAGE" = %prop("ENGINEERING STATUS", "CONSTRUCTION PACKAGE") AND "TITLE NUMBER" = %prop("ENGINEERING STATUS", "TITLE NUMBER ") UNION SELECT * FROM [Sheet2$] WHERE "DRAW ID" = %prop("Element", "DRAW_ID") AND "TITLE NUMBER";

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello, try this one:

SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$] WHERE "CONSTRUCTION PACKAGE" = %prop("ENGINEERING STATUS", "CONSTRUCTION PACKAGE") AND "TITLE NUMBER" = %prop("ENGINEERING STATUS", "TITLE NUMBER ") ; NAVISWORKS_MAGIC_NEXT_SQL

SELECT * FROM [Sheet2$] WHERE "DRAW ID" = %prop("Element", "DRAW_ID") AND "TITLE NUMBER";

Message 3 of 8

Hello Sir,

I am try to connect with excel file and use the SQL code as below.

SELECT * FROM [SYS-INFO$] WHERE "S3D"=%prop("Item","WBS") OR "S3D"=%prop("Item","Name")

I want to confirm the sheet name <SYS-INFO> and column A list <S3D>, if value same as <Item-WBS> or <Item-Name>, then could be link the external information and show the information at another tab. But I am not sure why the SQL cannot working; if not use the OR, the link will work!! I still need try to how to solve the question.

thank you!

Message 4 of 8

Hello! Could you attach here or send me somehow your documents? because I did a quick testing and OR is working for me in the similar case...

mikhail_mushurovF63_0-1699339399936.png

mikhail_mushurovF63_1-1699339428325.png

mikhail_mushurovF63_2-1699339451805.pngmikhail_mushurovF63_3-1699339463991.png

Message 5 of 8

Dear Sir,

thank your help, i provide my sample nwd and excel file for you confirm.

If only for DwfName or WBS ISO, it could be success, but always fail when use or!!

thank you!

2023-11-13_094547.jpg

Message 6 of 8

Hello!

To my own regret such connection did not work for me either.

I just may guess that such behaviour is due to the similar internal names of parameters in DWF - SmartPlant3D tab, because OR works when you try match S3D column with several values from Element tab

mikhail_mushurovF63_1-1699949057291.png

mikhail_mushurovF63_2-1699949093493.png

For example parameters from the Element tab:

mikhail_mushurovF63_3-1699949155589.png

Maybe some NAVISWORKS gurus could help us with this one? @Lance.Coffey @lee.mullin 

Message 7 of 8

Dear Sir,

Could be provide the SQL OR sample for S3D column with several values from Element tab!!

thank you!

Message 8 of 8

Hello!

Sure, check together with the attached excel's sheet SYS1

SELECT * FROM [SYS1$] WHERE "S3D"=%prop("Element","GUID") OR "S3D"=%prop("Element","Name")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report