Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items in Previously Found Pair of Composite Objects Rule missing from Navisworks 2022

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jezhopo
537 Views, 2 Replies

Items in Previously Found Pair of Composite Objects Rule missing from Navisworks 2022

Hi all,

I am trying to run a simple clash test which involves setting up rules to ignore (or not report) multiple clashes within the same object, rather just a single clash. I am not able to find the rule in Navisworks 2021 or 2022 "Items in Previously Found Pair of Composite Objects" as documented here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/20...

Does anyone know where I may be able this rule?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hmunsell
in reply to: jezhopo

You need to use a Rule Template and make the new rule. You would probably want to use one of the Specified Properties rule templates to start with. Then fill in the blue text in the rule description for what you want the rule to apply to. 

hmunsell_1-1626189892611.png

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/20...

I'll warn you ahead of time these can be very confusing (or at least i find them confusing). 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Hi @hmunsell & @jezhopo , did you get the "Items in Previously Found Pair of Composite Objects Rule" to work?

I have a test set up, in which I want to clash a .dwf containing 4 Assemblies from Advance steel, against 2 blocks made in autocad.

willemcreffierKCWFB_0-1661335139761.png

But I do not succeed to bring down the number of clashes, all the elements in the spaceframe are being presented.

willemcreffierKCWFB_2-1661338577750.png

Do you have an example of a secific rule description which actually works, so I can simulate it, and start iterate from this postion?

Or do you have a clue on the last value?

Kind regards,

Willem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report