Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import S3D generated vue files in navisworks, can't see Pipeline / Piperun prope

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1605 Views, 8 Replies

Import S3D generated vue files in navisworks, can't see Pipeline / Piperun prope

We imported the vue file generated from S3D version 2014 R1 into Navisworks Manage 2018. The components data appears correctly however the pipeline / peperun properties like Line No is not shown. Requesting for the help on this issue. Thank you.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Kelsey.S
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

A few things to consider here:

It's good to be aware the model hierarchy. Typically the data is contained in a parent object and not at the lowest level child.  Also, it's a good to make sure you have the properties data in an MDB2 or XML format when importing the .VUE file.

Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks.

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 9
Kelsey.S
in reply to: Kelsey.S

Hi @Anonymous, 

I am just checking back to see if my reply to your post is helpful regarding your question.

If it was, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution" so that other members of our community can easily find it and benefit from it.

Thank you!

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

@Kelsey.S wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

A few things to consider here:

It's good to be aware the model hierarchy. Typically the data is contained in a parent object and not at the lowest level child.  Also, it's a good to make sure you have the properties data in an MDB2 or XML format when importing the .VUE file.

Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks.

I have both xml and mdb2 files for my vue. When I open the vue in spr, I can see the properties.

Also, if the line data is stored in the parent hierarchy, how to check these properties in navisworks?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I have the same issue when I importing (S3D) vue files to Navisworks. I have mdl, mdl2 files and I check the SPR and it is completed with all attributes in the components. BTW, i am using Navisworks Simulate 2018.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

I've XML, MDB2, VUE.

There isn't Hierarchy . 

S3D vers 2018. Win 10. NavisWorks simulate 2018. Plugin VUE installed (last version).

Please HELP!

thank you

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Is there a solution to this problem?

I have a temporary solution to view the properties using "Selection Inspector" (see attached pdf), but I'm looking for a proper solution to make the SmartPlant 3D properties tab visible .

Message 8 of 9
ricardo.capi

Uninstall Microsoft Acces and Excel 64 bit version  and install both in the 32 bit version. This should resolve your problem.

Message 9 of 9
liudmila_ananian6697C

Hallo,

ich habe ei ähnliches Problem. Ich habe vue Datei (aus SmartPlant 3D) ins Navisworks Simulate 2024 importiert. Die Rohrleigeseigenschaften kann ich leider nicht sehen. Die mdb2 habe ich, aber ich kann das nicht importieren. Fehlermeldung: "Es existiert kein Pligin um .mdb2 zu öffnen"

Ich habe versucht nach oben beschriebener pdf Einleitung die Einstellungen zu machen, hat leider auch nichts gebracht.

liudmila_ananian6697C_0-1716390065925.png

Bitte um Unterstützung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report