Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO RELOCATE REVIT MODEL IN NAVISWORKS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eomega5DEMF
192 Views, 1 Reply

HOW TO RELOCATE REVIT MODEL IN NAVISWORKS

In our Revit model, we set Grid A-Grid 1 to 0,0,0 which is also the location of our Project Base Point and Survey Point as per company's project standard. When we finished our Revit model and 2D drawings, our counterpart appended it in Navisworks Manage, they use Units and Transform to move the model to its desired location.

Now, my counterpart decided to move the structure 50m to east. I used Relocate Project Tool in Revit to easily relocate the project and to minimize 2D drawings rework. After updating the Revit model, I replaced the old rvt file in our server. But when my counterpart Refresh the nwd file, the updated rvt model still land in the same location as the old model.

Is there any method on how to relocate Revit model in Navisworks Manage that is already Override Transformed? We are using Revit 2018 and Navisworks 2023.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mshcheblykin
in reply to: eomega5DEMF

Hi, almost never use the relocate project tool. But I can tell you that for the export to Navis only matter 2 things: The origin point which is not modifiable and the Survey point. That is it. 

So if you want to move a building with shared coordinates(survey point) update the coordinates at some point to the expected 

mshcheblykin_0-1716187661988.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report