Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting using Project Internal Coordinates when Project Base Point is at a different elevation from Survey Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andres.hernandezHCNZ4
161 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting using Project Internal Coordinates when Project Base Point is at a different elevation from Survey Point

I'm exporting from Revit 2022 to Navisworks (nwc). I'm using Project internal coordinates. When I open the NWC in Navisworks, it looks good. The origin point matches with the Project Base Point in X and Y. The elevation on the other hand, it's exporting everything at share shared Elevation. 

In Revit: PBP coordinates: 2000,6000,770

In Navisworks: 0,0,770

I want my project origin in Navisworks to be 0,0,0 - This makes it easier to check the elements elevations. But., I don't want to do any transform in Navisworks 

Help

Thanks!

Am I doing something worng? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

UPDATE: So I realized what was the issue. The project base point is at the 770 elevation but the internal origin is at 0,0,0. I can place the project base point anywhere I want but ultimately since the model was  done 770feet above the project internal, this will never change. AND according to the Autodesk's "Customer Technical Success", I have no options. I'm very disappointed at this situation, especially after spending 30min explaining the problem to the Autodesk representative and hearing just "oh, I don't know" 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report