Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export 3D to 2D with Navisworks

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
13395 Views, 8 Replies

Export 3D to 2D with Navisworks

Hello,

I have a 3D model Navisworks nwf.

Is it possible to export to dwg, dxf, pdf (or anything else) plans views and elevations view? 

I just want to print some sectional plans with scale indications but I don't know how. 

Thanks for helping me and congratulation for your job with Navisworks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

No - Navisworks is a 3D review tool, not a drawing production tool.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Yes I know, but I hoped there are some solutions, for example to make a capture screen of a plan view with a measure of an element to have the scale. 

Message 4 of 9
dgorsman

Provided you have Simulate or Manage, you can add measurements as redline markups to saved views.  These can then be exported as a viewpoint report.  But since most views are perspective rather than orthogonal any concept of "scale" goes out the window.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 9
Patrick_Aps_9121

There is another way, using AutoCAD.

In Navisworks, Save As NWD: the complete 3D model will be in one file

Use AutoCAD (2016 or above) and insert a "Collaboration Model"

then use Autocad LAYOUT's to set a drawing border around the model and make the measurements and the rest of the drawing.

Message 6 of 9
JBerns

I realize this is an old post, but for those searching on how to import NWD files into AutoCAD, you may search for inserting a "Coordination Model".

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Can-Na... 

In AutoCAD 2016 or higher, on the Insert tab, Reference panel, select Attach.

Or, at Command Prompt type, Attach.

Choose the NWD file type and then follow the other screen prompts. 

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 7 of 9
RyanCameron

Just tried another solution. 

1. Go to the "Viewpoints" tab in the ribbon menu and click on "New Viewpoint".

2. In the "New Viewpoint" dialog box, give your new viewpoint a name and check the "2D" checkbox. This will create a new viewpoint that shows the 3D model in a flattened 2D view.

3. In the "Viewpoints" tab, select the new 2D viewpoint that you just created.

4. Go to the "Export" tab in the ribbon menu and select the file format you want to export to, such as DXF, or PDF.

5. In the export settings dialog box, select the options you want for the export, such as the scale of the view, the size of the exported file, and the units of measurement.

6. Click "Export" to export the 2D view of your Navisworks model to the selected file format.

It worked for me for a roofplan, however to make a floorplan I would have to add a section, cut it about 4ft from the first floor and then repeat the steps above.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 8 of 9

Strange. I can not see any "New Viewpoint" button.

Only "Save Viewpoint" with a camera icon.

Also, when clicking on "Save Viewpoint" I am not able to tick any "2D"-checkbox.
The Viewpoints which are saved using "Save Viewpoint"-Feature can only be exported as xml-File.
Also.. I do not have any possibility to save as dxf or pdf.

Is there any plugin available to be able to do all these stuff?

Message 9 of 9
Vasanth_mD4SMK

Ryan,

Tried your solution , but can't move forward , since there is no option called "New Viewpoint" .

i am using Navisworks 2022 version. or may be which version those options are available ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report