Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while saving Navisworks file

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2334 Views, 15 Replies

Error while saving Navisworks file

Hi All,

I am trying to generate the navisworx file .nwd from a list of files.i am using navisworks simulate 2013.

i observed is my .dwg files get opend and merged but when i am trying to save as nwd file. getting error message. 

"An error was detected when attempting to page data in from disk. one of the  currently opened file is currupt "

it doesnt look like autcad  file problem. opening the file in autocad doesnt show any error.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know which AutoCAD version you use but try
- closing AutoCAD when opening the NWF
- Saving the DWG in Autocad 2010 format and append that in Navisworks 2013
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

we are using cadworks 2014. in cadworx these files are models.
Message 4 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

It is quite normal for Navisworks 2013 that it cannot handle files created by programs that are more recent than itself. Try Donloading the 30-day trial of Navisworks 2015 and see if that can open the Cadworkx models correctly and save as an 2013 NWD
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

we had tested it with 2015 version also. saw the same behavior. i can
share the file with you if you need.

Warm Regards
Mahesh Borole
Message 6 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

I'm willing to make a test with my installation of Navisworks if you can post the DWG
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

cant create nwd of attached files

Message 8 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

Hello,

I can open it in Simulate 2015, but I believe not all the objects are displayed correctly.

See the JPG in attachment.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks Patric. for reply.

Main issue is that if i merge attached file (area 120) with the earlier uploaded dwg file of area 130 then i am not able to create the nwd. 

what is wrong with the file ? how to fix it ? i have tried with Audit and purge.

Warm Regards

Mahesh Borole 

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

sorry i attached the same file twice. open first dwg and append second dwg and then save as .nwd file.

i gets this error "An error was detected when attempting to page data in from disk. one of the  currently opened file is currupt "

Message 11 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

I think you need to use (and install first) the Navisworks Exporters.

Download the version that you want to create the NWD file, not your version of AutoCAD.

(If you want to create NWD files that can be opened with Freedom 2014, install the 2014 exporter on your CADWorx)

http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-nwc-export-utility

After intallation

In AutoCAD + CADWorx

First command NWOPT:

there change the render mode from automatic to Shaded.

Then use NWCOUT to create an NWC from the Plant 3D model

Repeat this for all CADWorx models

Then append these NWC in Navisworks, instead of the original DWG's

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

are you able to regenerate this error ?

actually we create the nwd based one the batch program set in scheduled task. nwd is getting created when we save it twice. first time we get this error and second time saving we are able to create the .nwd.

Message 13 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

yes, I was able to have the error also.

And I think i was able to get rid of it also.

Optons -> File Readers -> DWG/DXF.

I think it has to do with "Convert Views" If I switched that off, I was able to load 120 after 130.

I exported my options for you to import and see if that helped.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Dear Patrik,

it still doesn't work even we switched off the convert views. if we save it twice then it works. you probably have saved it twice. but this solution is not feasible as we have scheduled the batch file to create nwd through task scheduler. what need to work on source .dwg to solve the issue ? how to find which item is currppted.

Warm Regards

Mahesh Borole

Message 15 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

Then I can only advise to make the NWC files manually, every tme the DWG is changed. In the batch procedure, attach the NWC's instead of the original NWD's. That should work.

Message 16 of 16
reza_safariBQEJL

Does anyone know the solution for this "Twice Saving" requirement to save as NWDs ?
We have the same situation where we use scripts to scheduled the batch file to craet the NWD and manual process is time consuming

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report