Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crane Timeliner/ Clash Detection Workflow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pfariaKP97U
199 Views, 3 Replies

Crane Timeliner/ Clash Detection Workflow

Hi,

I'm looking to review the locations of several tower cranes on a multi tower project. 

I want to show the crane jumps using the timeliner and also, I'd like to run a clash detection test linked to this timeliner.

Currently, I appended several tower cranes to the file to assign different elevations to them and attach them to their respective "jump task". It works, but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient workflow.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Our workflow is a little different. We do not show the actual crane, but a solid that represents that radius of the crane and use that to check for any potential conflicts.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Patrick Davis
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog
Message 3 of 4

Hi Patrick,

We created solids to represent the clearance volume as well... But do you create a few of them and assign them different tasks? Is there any way to have only one element and assign the translation of that same element to the timeliner (not as a animation, as that wouldn't allow me to use it on clash tests)?

Message 4 of 4

We are using stacked volumes (like coins) when using Timeliner.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Patrick Davis
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report