Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera viewpoint has changed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
701 Views, 2 Replies

Camera viewpoint has changed

Ok I can't figure this one out. I saved a few animations last week. Today I made changes to the autocad files and updated the model. Pretty standard operating prcedure. All of the animations updated as well much to my surprise. However it seems that my camera viewpoint has changed to look at a point very far below my model so that when the animation turns in a certain diretion (to the left) the view begins to crop from the bottom up as my camera location drops below the model.   How did this change and do I get it back?   See the attached screen shots.

I've even tried to reurn new animations and I'm still having trouble with camera position. Do I need to reset the origin or something like that?

My model is in State Plane Coordinates so when it opens the model is very tiny in the corner of the screen. I don't remember it being like that last week but maybe I just never did a zoom all.

Please help

Ronnie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

I quess the automatic front culling is causing you issues.
Open the model, activate the saved viewpoint.
On the Home tab, 4th button File Options.
1st tab "Culling", bottom half: Clipping planes
Try Contstained instead of Automatic,
or try Fixed distances (0.1 for Near and 100000 for Far if you ar in meters)

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

You sir are a genius. It worked.

Thanks for your help.

Ronnie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report