Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Questions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Jonathan3891
139 Views, 0 Replies

Automation Questions

What's up everyone.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish nightly rebuilds that also contain search sets, viewpoints, and appearance profile settings.

Not long ago I implemented nightly rebuilds for all on going projects using the batch utility. I made it so every discipline had a NWF file that they were responsible for. If they created a new model and wanted it to show up the next day they had to add it to their master NWF file, and I setup the batch utility to only look for nwf files. This way has been working great, but now I need to take it a step further.

I want to start adding search sets, viewpoints, and some appearance profile settings so I created a project specific NWF file and appended all the nwf files for every discipline. The problem is only the models that were appended to the discipline NWF's at the time I setup my Project NWF are added, so any new models added after this intial setup are not added.

My original method worked great and shows new models that are added, but I'm not able to create any of the search sets, etc.

What is the best way to accomplish my goal without manually adding models every time something new is created or is this not possible?

Thanks!

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report