Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Imagery missing from Navisworks Freedom viewer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
neilyj666
1045 Views, 3 Replies

Aerial Imagery missing from Navisworks Freedom viewer

I created a model in Infraworks using Model Builder (c.150 sq.km) and exported the model to fbx. I loaded the fbx files into Navisworks Simulate and all looked good - aerial imagery was as expected and I saved this as an nwc file.

I wanted then to pass this model to the client who doesn't have Navisworks so I thought the Freedom viewer would be the answer. I saved the nwc as an nwd file but when I tested it in Freedom the aerial imagery was missing (but everything else was ok) so I'm a bit stuck now.

Is there a method to get this imagery into the Freedom viewer or is this behaviour as designed??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If I understand you correctly, the Arial view is another window with a top view of the same model.

This is, just like your placement of the "Selection Tree" and the "Measure",the "Saved Viewpints" and the "Properties" windows, part of your "Workspace"

If you can make all those settings (how you want the layout of our interface) in your Freedom, then you can

View -> Save Workspace.

Then you can send over this XML to the client

He should save the XML in Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Freedom 20nn\Workspaces

and then he can choose this workspace from the interface in

View -> Load Workspace

I Include such an Workspace XML in my deployment of Freedom and Simulate, so that end-users can always go back to that workspace if they miss a dialog window.

Message 3 of 4

@Patrick_Aps_9121 Thanks for the reply - my problem was that the aerial imagery was missing but I have recreated the nwc/nwd from the source fbx and all seems ok now

2017-11-24 08_10_28-Reply to Message - Autodesk Community.jpg

However the answer you gave was useful as I was unaware that this procedure was possible...:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: neilyj666

Are you using Publish to NWD rather than "save as NWD"?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report