Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1278 Views, 0 Replies

Hi. I am refering to Nw_Single_Doc_With_View in Navisworks 2016 API Training Labs.

I have added the Autodesk references DLL and set both of them as false in "Copy Local" property. 

When I try to run the project, I got an error message saying:

Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'Autodesk.Navisworks.Controls, Version=14.0.1298.75, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d85e58fa5af9b484' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

And when I try to view "Viewer.cs" [Design] page,I got an error message saying as followed:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Message		Could not find type 'Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Controls.DocumentControl'.  Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.			0	
Message		Could not find type 'Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Controls.ViewControl'.  Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.			0	
Message		The variable 'viewControl' is either undeclared or was never assigned.		C:\Users\Joe\Autodesk\Navisworks_2016_API_Training_Labs\Indivudual labs\Nw_Single_Doc_With_View\Viewer.Designer.cs	150	

I have attached several screenshots and sample project for your refernce.

For your info, my computer is a Windows 7 64 bit.

Could you tell me why I got this error and how can I solve it?

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report