Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with identifying objects in clash detective

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
302 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with identifying objects in clash detective

We use IFC-, NWC- and DWG-formats in our projects. We have lately experience some problems with our files. The problem is that Navisworks somehow loses it's coonection to objects.

So for instance if i run clash detective, saves my clashes and submit a report. Later when i get new files from consultants with the same objects and models. Clash detective loses it's connection and i have to go through old collisions again and paring them up again with the older ones that i already found.

Why does this problem occur? How does Navisworks identify old objects? How do Navisorks identify objects? Is it through GUIDs?

Can this problem be solved?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is a board for Navisworks API questions. I have escalated your question to our product support team internally. They will reply you. Thanks for patience.

just for future when you have product issue, please log it at: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-forum/bd-p/372

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report