Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin not found while running automation application.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
edufourGCYZK
318 Views, 5 Replies

Plugin not found while running automation application.

I am encountering an error while running my automation project and I am unable to find the error. I have followed the correct nomenclature in my program and the plugin document in the installation document for Navisworks. 

Thank you

edufourGCYZK_0-1687383278351.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @edufourGCYZK ,

There is no sufficient information provided so it is difficult for me to understand what is causing the issue.

I need a simple non-confidential sample code and a detailed explanation to understand the issue.

Naveen Kumar T
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6

I have developed a plugin that conducts research on an item and then changes its color.

Here's the code:

edufourGCYZK_0-1687445886745.png

I built this code into an assembly. Afterwards, I placed it in a document with the plugin's name in the installation document of Navisworks, within the document plugin.

After, from another program, which is a Windows Forms project utilizing the .NET 4.8 framework, I call the plugin using the following code.

edufourGCYZK_1-1687446405619.png

And this code.

edufourGCYZK_2-1687446451309.png

When running this application project, I observe successful invocation of the Navisworks file, as a small Navisworks box opens. However, after running for a while, I encounter the error code displayed in the picture included in my previous message.

Message 4 of 6
jabowabo
in reply to: edufourGCYZK

Why do you have the plugin name duplicated?

jabowabo_0-1687448804796.png

Also, your plugin uses a string array as an parameter, but you are passing a single string as an argument.

jabowabo_1-1687448897455.png

jabowabo_2-1687448915803.png

Message 5 of 6
edufourGCYZK

In the documentation, they duplicated the name. I will correct this thank you

edufourGCYZK_0-1687449853946.png

And I was sure that with a (params string[] parameters) arg, you can pass either an array of strings or just a single string if you want.

Message 6 of 6
jabowabo

@edufourGCYZK wrote:

And I was sure that with a (params string[] parameters) arg, you can pass either an array of strings or just a single string if you want.

Maybe, I haven't tested this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report