Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid beam wrapped with another material (carbon fiber)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dido32511
198 Views, 1 Reply

Solid beam wrapped with another material (carbon fiber)

I have solid steel beam that I want to wrap the top part with another laminate on the top surface I colored in yellow , what is the best way to do that ? I already created the laminate but i don't know whether i should directly assign it to the top surface of the solid or should be any other steps.

mohamedabdelhafizmoustafaahmedmahmoudoy_0-1645440549488.pngmohamedabdelhafizmoustafaahmedmahmoudoy_1-1645440578284.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KubliJ
in reply to: dido32511

Hi @dido32511 

It looks like you have it setup right. I would create the shell idealization with the laminate material and assign the idealization to the surfaces of the solid part where I was adding the reinforcement. You will want to mesh after all the idealizations are done, and if I remember correctly, you will want to use the continuous meshing option.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report