Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell max von Mises in Nastran

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
266 Views, 2 Replies

Shell max von Mises in Nastran

Hi, 

I am currently working on a project where Nastran has earlier been used. I have shell stress results with this in the corner. 

tangen07_0-1617011977943.png

Does anyone know where the stresses are retrieved from when SHELL MAX VON MISES -1/2 is the output? Mid-surface?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

"1/2" refers to the top and bottom (or maybe the bottom and top) surface of the shell. The result is showing the larger value from the top or bottom on both side of the element so that you do not need to rotate the model around to look at both sides of the element.

Out of curiosity, what program are you using to display your results? What company made the Nastran are you using? If you are using Autodesk Nastran, what version is it? (You can get the version number from the header of the log or output file.)

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi, 

Thank you for the quick answer.

I am actually not sure, this is from an old report which my company did not do. It just states that FEA was done in Nastran. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report