Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset load

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mikkeyKY7UF
288 Views, 2 Replies

Offset load

Hi

If you are choosing the load function in Nastran, it is applied at dead center on that specific surface. If you want to place the load at a specific location, you can in inventor apply the split function that will separate the face into two faces. So far so good. 

Is there any way to specify at what location the load be applied without a split?

My problem is that the same inventor drawings I use for my Nastran analysis, is the same that is sent to our steel laser cutter; and a split 'cut' results with the laser cutting at that cut.

So lets take a 100x100x10 plate and I want to apply a load at point 25x25 on the surface. How can this be done without a split?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: mikkeyKY7UF

Hi @mikkeyKY7UF 

Just a clarification. The load is not applied "at dead center" of the selected face. The load is distributed over the entire face.

You have to use a split to apply the load to a smaller area than the existing face. Create a new model state so that you can have "a model" for the analysis and a "different model" for your laser. Tip #1 in Suggested Reading - Tips and Trick - Autodesk Community - Inventor Nastran.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
mikkeyKY7UF
in reply to: mikkeyKY7UF

Thanks for input John. Its solves the issue, but demands a lot of clicks to get there. Wish that Nastran has their own independent mirror and face-section function, what would allow a user to move a complete structure into nastran and

1. make mirror lines that states symmetry and can reduce the calculations in nastran without chaining the inventor part at all. 

2. draw new face-sections onto existing faces so you can easier position placement of loads. 

Both these can be solved with split in inventor, however having this opportunity inside Nastran, makes the this quicker to implement and doesn't make fuzz for rest of the model, if that model is used for other things than FEM.

Im using the Autodesk inventor Pro 23

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report