Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nastran FATAL ERROR: T2025 ENTRY REFERENCES ONE OR MORE POINTS THAT ARE COLLOCATED

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
amirandaL4VAC
1159 Views, 3 Replies

Nastran FATAL ERROR: T2025 ENTRY REFERENCES ONE OR MORE POINTS THAT ARE COLLOCATED

I'm getting the T2025 error in my Nastran (Version 16.3.0.97) Linear Static Simulation, but I'm not sure what to do about it. It says these points are the culprit, but how do I find out what they're in relation to?

amirandaL4VAC_0-1681330815909.png

Labels (6)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: amirandaL4VAC

Hi @amirandaL4VAC 

CORD2R are coordinate systems. The question is why do coordinate systems with ID 34-37 and 52-62 have coordinates of (0,0,0) to define the three points?

In Inventor Nastran environment, find those coordinate systems at the end of the Model Tree. Can you delete them?

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
amirandaL4VAC
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks @John_Holtz ! Fortunately (unfortunately?) the error just went away on its own so I guess I will never know what happened.
Message 4 of 4

The T2025 error in Nastran is caused by singularities in the stiffness matrix, which can be due to zero or near-zero values. To troubleshoot the issue, you can check the points listed in the error message and look for physical features or boundary conditions in your model that correspond to them. You can also try increasing the number of substeps, checking for free nodes, rigid body modes, or duplicate nodes or elements. If none of these steps work, contact Nastran technical support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report