Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Transfer between thermal and structural analysis

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
timo.stc
175 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh Transfer between thermal and structural analysis

Hi,

I have a model with around 1.7M Elements, where I did a thermal solution, which I'd like to import into my structural analysis. However the created mesh in the thermal solution is not the same as the one in my structural analysis even though the mesh settings are identical (3.5mm mesh, continous meshing of the solid, everything else on default) as one has about 150 nodes more than the other. Therefore instead of creating two times the same mesh, I would rather import one of them into the other solution. However I have not come across a way of doing this, as copying the mesh is not doable (as far as I know).

Otherwise with two different meshes I get a warning on the imported file "geometry not valid".

[Edit1: I failed a solution because of another reason and there the Warning E5023 "Temperature not specified in LoadSet x for Grid y" appeared aswell several times.

]

So is there a way to transfer meshes in between solutions or is there another way to correctly apply an imported thermal load?

Best regards

Timo

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: timo.stc

Hi Timo

Instead of creating a new analysis and a new mesh, you should duplicate the heat transfer analysis: right-click on the analysis name > Duplicate. This copies the complete analysis to a new analysis so that the mesh is the same. Then change the analysis type, loads, and so on.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report